地点: Technical College of the Lowcountry 校园 Tunnel under Ribaut Road in Beaufort.
- TCL is the site where the original 马瑟学校 位于
- Beaufort is about to receive National Monument recognition for its historical role during 重建 after the Civil War.
概念: Engage the artists of Beaufort County to build and paint a community mural project that exemplifies unity through illustrating the true stories about the history of Beaufort County spanning the periods from discovery to the present day.
- Research the history of Beaufort County not just by reading books but also by interviewing people especially those who have lived here a very long time. Ask them to tell their stories about what life was like here. Ask them about what they remember about their grandparents and great-grandparents experiences since the Civil War, 重建, the Civil Rights Movement, 等.
- Planning and pre-construction drawings
- Fund raising, sponsorships and media communications.
- 征集艺术家, 雕塑家, 作家, 诗人, 音乐家, 词曲作者, 架构师, 工程师, 规划者, 集资者- - - - - -, 戏剧制作人, set designers and other creative people interested in being a part of the project.
- Invite school participation by contacting Beaufort County schools and colleges’ art departments. Do you want to include elementary through college or be more selective?
- Principal artists layout the design concept for the tunnel.
- Build and install large panels for murals within the tunnel.
- Appoint a jury panel to select the artwork, 雕塑, 诗歌, stories and audio for the tunnel and walkway.
- Engage our young people. Invite the principals of our schools to ask the artistic students to create works to submit to a jury panel for selection of the artwork to be displayed on the walls of the walkway. Categories include art, 诗歌, short story, songs with music and lyrics.
- Incorporate the jury panel’s selections into the project.
- Organize the artists and others who will be doing the painting, hanging and construction tasks of the project.
- Painting the tunnel and murals. 建筑 panels or other structures necessary to hang the artwork. Installing an audio feature. Installing the 雕塑 on pre-selected locations according to the initial layout and plans.
- Designing and choosing a location for a plaque that includes the names of the participants of the project. Designing another plaque to list the sponsors and large donors.
- Ceremony to commemorate completion of the 社区 Mural Project.
- Invite the media and the community to attend the celebration.
- All the participants would be invited to come.
- Plaques with all the artists’ names and the sponsors/large donors’ names would be dedicated at the ceremony. Plaques would have a permanent location on the site.
- Promote the site to encourage people to come visit